Introduction and Purpose:
WAKE is an information service made available at no cost by council volunteers to help crews plan and conduct quality super-activities “after proper training for the ultimate outdoor experience and fun” while incorporating youth leadership opportunities and Kodiak leadership training in the process. WAKE challenges youth to “do hard things and finish them.”
The requirements for a Venturing Crew or Varsity Team to participant in WAKE are as follows::
1. Youth Led- The super-activity is to be planned & led by youth leaders working with their adult mentors.
2. Wilderness- A portion of your trek is to be conducted in the wilderness or backcountry.
3. Adventure- High adventure activities are to be incorporated based on crew interests & resources.
4. Kodiak- The Kodiak Leadership course is to be conducted by a trained adult and assistants.
4. Expeditions- a portion of the event is to include an expedition such as a 50-miler or other trek. (The WAKE 50-miler patch requires completion of Kodiak and 50 continuous miles of travel whether by bike, foot, horse, canoe, raft, wind craft, or other non-motorized means).