An overall inspirational experience that helps provide Scouting with the leadership it needs
Wood Badge beads- A world-wide tradition begun by Baden-Powell.
COURSE OVERVIEW: Wood Badge for the 21st Century may be delivered to all Scout leaders (from Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, Varsity, through Venturing). Its focus is on leadership rather than out-of-door skills. The following particulars are designed to provide you with key information.
LEARNING OBJECTIVES: As a result of attending Wood Badge, participants will be able to:
- View Scouting globally, as a family of interrelated, values-based programs that provide age-appropriate activities for youth.
- Recognize the leadership concepts utilized in corporate America and leading government organizations that are relevant to our values-based movement.
- Apply the skills they learn from their participation as a member of a successful working team.
- Revitalize their commitment by sharing in an overall inspirational experience that helps provide Scouting with the leadership it needs to accomplish its mission.
These themes encapsulate the course content:
- Living the Values
- Values, Mission, and Vision
- Bringing the Vision to Life
- Listening to Learn
- Valuing People and Leveraging Diversity
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Models for Success
- Stages of Team Development
- The Leading Edge/The Teaching Edge
- Tools of the Trade
- Project Planning
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Managing Conflict
- Leading to Make a Difference