High Adventure Skills Resource Course
| || |
What is Powderhorn?
The Powder Horn course is designed to help the troop, team, or crew by exposing older Scouts, Venturers, and adult leaders to safely conducted outdoor/high-adventure activities of a fun and challenging nature. The course provides an introduction to the resources needed to successfully lead youth through a program of outdoor adventure and is based upon giving participants an exposure to some outdoor/high-adventure activities. The course presenters are expert consultants, from inside and outside of Scouting, in each outdoor high adventure activity. It is not a certification event. It is for any youth or adult interested in experiencing a unit-level, high-adventure program. The purpose of a Powder Horn course includes:
- Safe participation in fun and challenging outdoor activities
- An introduction to resources, including expert local consultants, that can improve a unit's program
- Exposure to new and exciting high-adventure activities Award
- Help in delivering the promise at the unit level
- Promoting youths' and adults' creativity when delivering high-adventure programs.rested in experiencing a unit-level, high-adventure program
Who can go?
Any registered Varsity Scout, Venturer, or leader interested in High Adventure skills.
What does it cost?
The cost for the 3 day course is $80 and includes food, program materials and facilities. No refunds will be given after 14 days prior to a course starting.
How can I go?
Register below for a Powderhorn course. A current Annual Health and Medical Record, with parent or guardian signature, is required for participation. Each participant must have an activity shirt and a Field Uniform. Transportation is not provided to and from the event.
For more information email email@example.com.
Upcoming Powderhorn Courses: