Want to be involved in Scouting after 2019?
Fill out this survey

Frequently Asked Questions


What does the future of Scouting look like? 

On May 8th, 2018, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announced that it will no longer charter Scout units after December 31, 2019. This has led to many questions about what Scouting will look like now and in 2020 in the Utah National Parks Council, which is made up predominantly of LDS units. Click here for an FAQ that answers the Council's top questions.

How can I stay in Scouting after 2019?

Want to be involved in Scouting after 2019? Fill out this survey.

How to join a unit?

Go to www.BeAScout.org to find a unit near you and click "Apply." Don't see an unit in your area? Contact your local Scout office to join or even start a new unit.

How to submit an online application for youth or adults to a specific unit?

Click here to get more detailed instructions on submitting an online application for youth or leaders, when you already know the unit you are joining.

What is a unit/district/council?

A unit is an organized group of youth, such as a Cub Pack, Scout Troop, Venturing Crew, Exploring Post, or Sea Scout Ship.

A district groups many units into one geographical area, district leaders work with volunteers to ensure growth and success of Scouting units.

A council is the structure used by the National Boy Scouts to organize volunteer training, properties, financial support, advancements, etc for a group of districts.

How to transfer boys to another unit?

Transferring youth within Utah National Parks Council can be completed by having the Chartered Organizational Representative email the transferring youth information to help@utahscouts.org.

Can youth be registered in more than one unit?

Yes, youth can be registered in more than one unit. 

Can my son still earn his eagle after 2019?

Yes! All Scouts on the Trail to Eagle are encouraged to stay in Scouting and continue pursuing the rank of Eagle Scout and beyond, until they are 18. However, Scouts within LDS units that desire to become Eagle Scouts while still in their ward unit still have the opportunity to do so, provided they progress with this timeline (and its deadlines) in mind.

How can I start a new unit?

Wanting to start a new unit? Use this checklist to get started today!

When can I register my daughter?

If you have a Cub Scout age girl, you can register her now in an all girls den, as registration opened in June 2018. For a list of the current girl dens, contact your local Scout office.

If you have a Boy Scout age girl, registration for Scouts BSA will open in February 2019.

If you have an older girl, who would like to join either Venturing, Exploring, or Sea Scouts contact your local Scout office.


Get Educated (Trained)

Get Educated Today!
How-To Videos
Scouting Education FAQs
Youth Protection Training
Leader Specific Training

Camp Programs

Summer Camp
Day Camp
Choose your own Adventure
Church Camping


Leader Resources

District/Local Helps
Scoutbook (Internet Advancement)
Get Registered

Council Camps

Blue Mountain
Eagle Mountain
High Uintah
Jeremiah Johnson
Maple Dell
Thunder Ridge


Official Uniform
Important Forms

Key Links

The Boy Scout Blog
Scout Shop
Journey to Excellence
Council Login


Contact Us

Orem Service Center
748 North 1340 West

Orem, Utah 84057
(801) 437-6222

Cedar City
444 South Main #3A
Cedar City, Utah 84720
(435) 586-1613



45 East 400 South
Ephraim, Utah 84627
(435) 283-6451

212 East 100 North
Price, Utah 84501
(435) 637-8059




95 West 100 South
Richfield, Utah 84701
(435) 896-6619

St. George
204 North 1000 East
St. George, Utah 84770
(435) 628-5172

240 East 100 North
Vernal, Utah 84078
(435) 789-9108