Assistant District Commissioners
Organization Assistant District Commissioners (ADC)
Assistant District Commissioners for Roundtables
Assistant District Commissioner Responsibilities• Report to the district commissioner.
• Recruit a full staff of unit commissioners to serve their assigned units and area.
• Help the district commissioner train unit commissioners and roundtable commissioners:
— Conduct personal coaching/ orientation sessions.
— Participate in the formal basic training courses.
— Help unit commissioners attain the Arrowhead Honor, Commissioner’s Key, and Distinguished Commissioner Service Award.
• Attend monthly district commissioner staff meetings, including a meeting with your unit commissioners to review unit needs.
• Serve units with no assigned unit commissioner.
• Maintain regular contact with unit commissioners under your supervision:
— To assess units’ strengths and weaknesses
— To help find solutions to units’ problem
— To provide information, informal training, program ideas, and recognition
— To help unit commissioners work successfully with unit committees, chartered organization representatives, and chartered organizations.
• Involve unit adults in training and roundtables.
• Evaluate, at least quarterly, the performance of unit commissioners and provide the help necessary to give them the confidence and expertise to serve assigned units effectively.
• Become familiar with the program themes offered by the BSA for Cub Scout packs, Boy Scout troops, Varsity Scout teams, and Venturing crews.
• Supervise the operation of the annual service plan for assigned units.
• Accept other assignments made by the district commissioner.
• Keep track of recharter status and progress of all units.
• Support local and national Scouting policy and procedures.
• Promote the Centennial Quality Unit as a standard of performance and ensure, through the commissioners, recognition of unit leaders and units achieving the standards.
Commissioner Manuals and Resources (Commissioner Manuals and Resources)
Unit Visit Tracking System (BSA Unit Visit Tracking)