University of Scouting 2014
February 8, 2014 8:00am - 4:30pm
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
Orem LDS Institute at UVU
| || |
Featuring Keynote Speaker:
President Larry M. Gibson
Young Mens General Presidency
The Utah National Parks Council Training Team is proud to present the University of Scouting. This supplemental training for adult leaders will offer fun, learning, and fellowship for all who attend. It is the only time during the year where you can find, all in one place, the widest variety of supplemental training opportunities in all program areas. Whether you are new to the program or a veteran, the University will provide interesting courses in Cub Scouting, Boy Scouting, Varsity Scouting, Venturing and what we call General Scouting Studies. Participants will enhance their Scouting & leadership skills to create a better Scouting experience for their youth. The focus is on adult training.
Lots of great prizes and giveaways!!
Download the NEW UoS 2014 Course Catalog! (Updated: 12/6/2013)
Download the UoS 2014 Event Flyer
Download Map to the University of Scouting 2014 UVU Institute
Great for unit leaders, district leaders, stake leaders, and parents!
Register early and WIN BIG! Earn extra opportuntites for the giveaways.
- Adult Participant $10.00; After January 9, 2014: $15
- Staff Participant (Staff also taking at least 1 course) $10.00 and includes lunch.
- Lunch is $5.
- Please support our UoS Breakfast hosted by the UNPC Silver Beaver Association to help send our youth to advanced leadership training NAYLE at Philmont. -- $3
- Registration will be open until 11:59pm on Wednesday, February 5, 2014.
- Walk-ins are allowed but the event patch, class requests, and lunch will not be guaranteed.
- Register online here or fill out the application in the catalog and bring/mail it to the council office.
- TO AVOID WAITING IN LINE TO PICK UP YOUR SCHEDULE, BRING YOUR RECEIPT W/ SCHEDULE WITH YOU TO CHECK IN.
- PRIORITY CHECK-IN THE DAY OF THE EVENT IS GIVEN TO THOSE WHO SUPPORT THE UoS BREAKFAST ! :-)
- Breakfast: 6:30am
- Registration: 7:00am
- Opening Ceremony & Keynote Speaker: 8:00am
- Classes: 9am - 4pm (7 total class periods)
- Lunch: 11am or 12pm
- Midway: 10am - 2pm
- Silent Auction 8am-12:45pm
- Closing and Grand Prize Giveaways: 4:05pm
- Event End / Cleanup: 4:30pm.
Choose from more than 30 awesome sessions each hour, including:
- Energizing the 11 Year Old Program
- Developing Venturing Crews that THRIVE
- What's New in Venturing 2014
- Dozens of Awesome Cub Scout Classes
- Varsity All-Stars & Annual Planning
- GPS / Geocaching Fun
- Trails to Testimony with Brad Harris
- Developing Effective Youth Leaders
- Shadow Leadership
- Building Strong Districts
- Tasty Dutch Oven Cooking
- Soaring from Life to Eagle
- Leave No Trace
- How to be an Effective COR
- And much, much more!
Help support this event by getting a company or entity to donate in-kind goods for this event! (Not all types of goods are eligible, please contact the Council University of Scouting Co-Chairman or Advisor for details)
Contact Scott Anderson, UoSUT@ymail.com, 801-602-7343, for more info or to volunteer!
*Note: University of Scouting is an adult leader learning experience. Baby-sitting or childcare services are not available.
We'd like to thank the following companies, many local businesses, for their great support of University of Scouting 2013!