University of Scouting 2014
February 8, 2014 8:30am - 4:30pm
SAVE THE DATE!
TBA, Orem, UT
The Utah National Parks Council Training Team is proud to present the 1st Annual University of Scouting. This supplemental training for adult leaders will offer fun, learning, and fellowship for all who attend. It is the only time during the year where you can find, all in one place, the widest variety of supplemental training opportunities in all program areas. Whether you are new to the program or a veteran, the University will provide interesting courses in Boy Scouting, Varsity, Venturing and what we call General Scouting Studies. Participants will enhance their Scouting & leadership skills to create a better Scouting experience for their youth. The focus is on adult training.
Lots of great prizes and giveaways!!
Download the UoS 2013 Course Catalog (for reference only)
Download the UoS 2013 Event Flyer
Great for unit leaders, district leaders, stake leaders, and parents!
Registration will be open later this year.
- Adult Participant $10.00
- Staff Participant (Staff also taking at least 1 course) $7.00
- Lunch is included. Choose from 3 different sandwiches (with chips and cookie), or a Garden Salad
- Registration will be open until Friday, February 7, 2014.
- Walk-ins are allowed but the event patch and lunch will not be guaranteed.
- Register online here or fill out the application in the catalog and bring/mail it to the council office.
- Opening Ceremony: 8:30am
- General Session: Keynote Speaker 9am
- 2 class periods (10:00am - 10:50am; 11:00am - 11:50am)
- Lunch: 12 noon - 12:50pm
- 3 Class Periods (1:00pm - 1:50pm; 2:00pm - 2:50pm; 3:00pm - 3:50pm)
- Closing & Prize Drawings: 4:00pm - 4:30pm
Choose from more than 30 awesome courses, including:
- Energizing the 11 Year Old Program
- Developing Venturing Crews that THRIVE
- Varsity All-Stars & Annual Planning
- GPS / Geocaching Fun
- Trails to Testimony with Brad Harris
- Developing Effective Youth Leaders
- “Knock Their Socks Off” Training Tips
- Building Strong Districts
- Tasty Dutch Oven Cooking
- Soaring from Life to Eagle
- Leave No Trace
- And much, much more!
Help support this event by getting a company or entity to donate in-kind goods for this event! (Not all types of goods are eligible, please contact the Council University of Scouting Chairman or Advisor for details)
Contact Scott Anderson, UoSUT@ymail.com, 801-602-7343, for more info or to volunteer!
*Note: University of Scouting is an adult leader learning experience. Baby-sitting or childcare services are not available.
We'd like to thank the following companies, many local businesses, for their great support of University of Scouting 2013!