2016 and 2017 Wasatch District Calendar
Wasatch District has released its 2016 and 2017 events calendar! Please use these calendars in your unit planning activities. Please review the activities carefully, as some past activities have not been included on this new calendar. You may access the calendar by clicking the links below.
Boy Scouts, Varsity Scouts, and Venturing calendar
Cub Scouts Calendar
District Roundtable - Tuesday, November 24
4th Tuesday of every month (which is not always the last Tuesday)
315 East 500 North (LDS Meetinghouse next to JR Smith Elementary)
Heber City, Utah 84032
- 6:45 pm for Cub Scout leaders
- 7:00 pm for 11 year old, Boy Scout, Varsity, and Venturing Leaders
November Roundtable Themes
- January Law and Theme: Trustworthy/The Great Race
- Interest topic: Recognizing Leaders
- We will be offering in-person Youth Protection Training for any leaders who need it
- Your Role in providing Fun, Successful and Safe Summer Camps for your Troop, Team and Crew
11 year old Scouts
- New 2016 Boy Scout Rank Requirements
- New Camping Merit Badge Requirements and LDS Policy
Boy Scout, Varsity & Venturing
- Your Role in providing Fun, Successful and Safe Summer Camps for your Pack, Troop, Team and Crew
Special Training - Eagle Rank Training
Topic: What makes a great Eagle project?
Helpful for Scout leaders, scout committee, Life-to-Eagle coordinators &
2016 Cub Klondike
Webelos - Friday , January 22, 2016
Wolf & Bear - Saturday, January 23, 2016
- Location: Heber Stake Pavilion (715 E. 600 S., Heber)
- Cost: $5 per boy, leaders are free
- Registration Closes: Friday, January 8, 2016
2016 Klondike Derby
- Date: Friday and Saturday, February 19-20, 2016
- Location: Heber Valley Camp
- $12 per person until Friday, January 15
- $14 per person beginning Saturday, January 16
- Registration Closes: Sunday, February 7
Scouting Prepares Missionaries
What does Scouting teach that helps young men prepare for missionary service? A lot!
Click here to see how
LDS Journey to Excellence
The Utah National Parks Council has issed a version of Journey to Excellence specifically for LDS Packs, 11 year olds, Troops, Teams, and Crews. These address the same areas of excellence, but the measures are more applicable to how Scouting runs within the LDS church. Please begin using these immediately, in place of the current 2015 Journey to Excellence forms.
Packs | 11 Year Olds | Troops | Teams | Crews
This newsletter is designed to help adult leaders and parents know what is going on in the Wasatch District.
Read the Newsletter...
New LDS Church Policy for Registration of Youth
The process for registering a youth in the BSA has changed if he is registered in an LDS unit. Please download and circulate these new policies.
The purpose of this monthly newsletter is to inform stake and ward leadership about various Scouting topics and activities that may be of interest.
Read it Here...
LDS-BSA Relationships committees have increased the number of Boy Scouts of America (BSA) local councils working more effectively with local leadership from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS) to deliver the quality Scouting program that LDS young men, adult leaders, and the surrounding communities deserve.
Read It Here...
Heber Scout Service Center
150 N Main, Suite 102
Heber City, Utah 84032
(435) 657-0073 (map)
Monday - Thursday
11:30 am - 5:30 pm
Friday, Saturday & Sunday