Advancement & Recognition
Scouting provides a series of surmountable obstacles and steps in overcoming them through the advancement method. Scouts plan their own advancement and progress at their own pace as they meet each challenge. Scouts are recognized and rewarded for each achievement, which helps them gain self-confidence. The steps in the advancement system help a Scout grow in self-reliance and in the ability to help others.
Effective Immediately, Internet Advancement is now accessed through my.scouting.org. This change applies to packs, troops, crews and ships. Posts are not affected.
To access internet advancement, you must be registered as a Chartered Organization Representative, Committee Chair, Crew Advisor, Scoutmaster, Cubmaster or Unit Advancement Chair.
How to Access Internet Advancement 2.0
Login to your My.Scouting.org account, this is where you took youth protection training. If you do not know your login information, please call 972-580-2489, 9am-5pm Central time.
- From the menu scroll to Legacy Web Tools and click on it.
- Scroll to Internet Advancement 2.0
- If you are using Scoutbook, you do not need to access Internet Advancement 2.0.
The Key 3* in your unit are the only ones with the roles to assign functional positions. (*The key 3 are Chartered Organization Representative, Committee Chair, Crew Advisor, Scoutmaster, Cubmaster.)
- Go to my.scouting.org and sign in. (This is where you took youth protection training.)
- Click on the Menu button on the upper left side of the screen. A drop-down list will appear.
- Choose Security Organization Manager from the drop-down list and then choose the unit.
- A new web page will appear and on the right side of the page is a list of functional positions, click on Unit Advancement Chair.
- Click on the green plus sign and a popup window will appear.
- Click on the down arrow that is next to the person field to make a list of names appear.
- Click on the name of who you want to be Unit Advancement Chair.
- If the person who you are wanting to assign to the Unit Advancement Chair position is not on the list, he/she needs to be registered.
- Scoutbook login
- From the first knot tied to final hours of service performed, the Scouting experience is a journey like no other. Scoutbook ensures not a moment is missed - tracking advancement, milestone achievements and all the fun along the way. Click here to watch a video of how Scoutbook can improve your Scouting experience.
Eagle Scout Resources
- Click here, to access resources availalbe to those working on the Eagle Scout rank.