Camping in Bear Country
Reduce odors that attract bears
- Store ALL food and wildlife attractants in the bear boxes provided in your campsite.
- NEVER take food into your tent, not even a snack.
- Use the designated grey water disposal; do not dispose of grey water near a human-use area. If you are at Camp Loll, screen all dishwater - broadcast the cleaned water, and dispose of all food particles and grease from the screen.
- Keep your fire pit clean and free of food residue.
What Attracts Bears?
Anything that has an odour or could be considered food may attract wildlife to your site.
- Coolers – full/empty
- Food and Condiments
- Garbage/Wrappings/Plastic Bags
- Bottles/Cans: full/empty
- Toiletries & Insect Spray
- Camp Stoves & Barbecues
- ANY items associated with food preparation or clean up (soap, dish clothes, towels, & clothing worn while cooking.