Leadership training is a major part of Scouting, and this revised training will teach trainers how to conduct an effective training session. This course includes an opportunity to prepare and practice a presentation and demonstrate new skills. This course will be especially useful for those serving on the training staffs of Wood Badge, NYLT, and leader-specific training.
Who should attend?
- Youth Trainers for NYLT, Venturing, and Roundtable
- District Trainers in Cub Scouting, Scouts BSA, and Venturing
- Council Trainers for Wood Badge, NYLT, and all other trainings
- Commissioners: Unit, District, Assistant District, and Roundtable
- Any adult leader who wants to learn to communicate, and teach better!
- How and why we train leaders-and how to do it effectively.
- What's important about communication?
- How to plan a training.
- Characteristics of a good trainer.
- What kind of arrangements do you need to make.
- What kind of technology works best in any given situation?
- The latest in training methods.
- Use of reflection and feed back.
- How to get that EDGE into all we do!
- No cost