The Powder Horn course is designed to help the unit by exposing older youth and adult leaders to safely conducted outdoor/high adventure activities. It provides safe participation in fun and challenging outdoor events and introduces the participants to resources to improve the unit program in new and exciting activities. It is NOT A CERTIFICATION event.
Who should attend...
- All registered adults
- Youth at least 14 yrs. old
- Completed Leader Specific training for your position
- Completed: Online Venturing Youth Protection, Hazardous Weather, Safetly Afloat, Safe Swim Defense, and Climb On Safely.
- Able to introduce a variety of resources to provide a robust outdoor program.
- Knowledge of how to identify local resources & consultants for high adventure.
- Apply BSA health & safety requirements and rules & regulations for outdoor programs.
- $185 per person (includes meals and training materials)