Get Ready for the Annual Unit Recharter!
Membership in the Boy Scouts of America is for a period of one year, and each year we go through a process to renew the membership of not only the unit (Pack, Troop, Crew or Post) with the Chartered Organization, but also each youth member and adult leader. This process is called rechartering. Please click on the below links to access the Internet Rechartering User Guide as well as instructional videos for assisting you with any questions you may have while processing your Charter Renewal.
Internet Rechartering User Guide
Steps to follow when processing your recharter are:
Ensure that the currently registered unit Key 3 leaders are correct in My.Scouting so they can e-approve member and charter renewals. This is essential and must be done as soon as possible since changes at this step can delay the subsequent steps.
- Check that all youth and adults are currently registered with the unit appear on your roster in my.scouting.org.
- Beginning October 1, 2022 - Complete and approve the on-line Unit Recharter process. This can be found by logging into Internet Advancement 2.0 and clicking on Recharter - Internet Recharter Log In
- We highly encourage units NOT to pay online through the Internet Recharter system. If internet recharter renewal is paid online, the council will not be able to make changes if it's needed. We encourage units to choose the "Pay at Council" option in order for the registrar to verify the charter before it is submitted. Changes are easier to make if it is not yet paid for. Submit payment at https://www.utahscouts.org/scoutpay and you won’t be charged a fee.
- Applications for any new adults must be uploaded into the charter renewal as well as their Youth Protection Training Certificate and Criminal Background Check Authorization. This includes any adult who is moving from a Tiger Parent or Lion Parent into a leadership position and those who have turned 18 and are moving from a youth position to an Assistant Scoutmaster position or that is being entered as a UP, VP or EP (Unit Participant, Venturing Participant or Exploring Participant). You will need to enter any adult who is on the charter as an AP or LP and moving into a leadership position or a youth moving into a new leader position or into a UP/VP or EP as New Adult and upload all required documents.
- Applications for any new youth must be uploaded into the charter renewal.
- Confirm that all required information has been completed on the adult and youth applications before uploading the documents.
- Note: A unit’s rechartering application cannot be approved by the National Service Center until all steps are complete.
- The unit's Key 3 leaders will receive an email for a final digital approval signature. This must be completed in order to finalize the Charter Renewal.
- You will need to still print off your charter and your Charter Agreement form when you have completed it online, and turn it in to your District Executive.
To ensure a timely process of your Charter Renewal, be sure your CURRENT key leadership (including the COR and IH) have established their My.Scouting accounts and are ready to make approvals of new members and the charter renewal application.
The deadline for submitting your completed charter is November 15, 2022 - your current charter will exprire on December 31, 2022.
Who Can Help Me?
Your Unit Commissioner, District Commissioner, and District Executive are great resources to help you through this process.
|BSA Adult Application||Download|
|BSA Adult Disclosure Form||Download|
|BSA Charter Agreement Form||Download|
|BSA Youth Application||Download|
|Exploring Adult Membership Application||Download|
|Exploring Criminal Background Check Exemption||Download|
|Exploring Memorandum of Understanding||Download|
|Exploring Participant Policy||Download|
|Exploring Post & Club Agreement||Download|
|Exploring Youth Membership Application||Download|
|Internet Recharter User Guide||Download|
|Registration Fee Schedule||Download|