Scouting Skills for Scoutmasters (Triple S)
This action-packed, hands-on, role-playing, fun-filled course has been designed to get leaders of a new unit up and running as a flagship troop. This course not only has a focus on troop management skills, but also covers the same topics as the Introduction to Outdoor Leader Skills (IOLS) course. This course is NOT a mini-Wood Badge. The goals and curriculum are quite distinct. Wood Badge has a focus on developing leadership skills. Triple-S has a focus on troop success.
Who should attend?
- New Scoutmasters
- New Assistant Scoutmasters
- Seasoned Scouters who want to learn needed skills like: Recruiting, funding, retaining older Scouts and other skills you may not have needed in your previous Scouting experience.
- Committee Members who want to help create the best possible experience for everyone in the unit, but especially for the Scouts.
What will I learn?
- Focusing on understanding the role of the Senior Patrol Leader
- Learning how to effectively utilize the Patrol Leaders Council and have practical experience in participating in a role-play of such a PLC meeting
- The elements of a successful Troop Meeting
- The elements of a successful campout or other event
- Understanding the importance of the annual plan
- Review concepts in YPT and the Guide to Safe Scouting
- The importance of the Scoutmaster’s Conference.
- Review concepts taught in the Outdoor Code, etc.
- Outdoor scouting skills (knots, lashings, fire building, etc.)
- $40 per person (includes meals and training materials)
- Time: Start—5:00 PM Thurs; End—5:00 PM Sat
- Questions: Contact John Poulson
|Equipment Checklist||This list will help you Be Prepared by knowing what to bring!||Download|