Ogden Ropes Course
Project COPE is an activity operated for adults and youth comprised of group initiatives, team building, problem solving, and physical challenge. Although COPE uses some of the skills, techniques and tools of rock climbing, it is not a climbing course. Rather, it uses climbing situations as one of several means to achieve its goals, including the development of trust, communication, self-esteem, leadership, problem-solving, decision-making and teamwork.
The activities and challenges offered as part of the COPE program can be tailored to meet your group’s needs.
The trail to forming an effective team starts with getting to know your group members. What makes them tick? How do they work with others? How do they react to challenges, frustrations, and successes? A series of fun and extremely participator games will quickly help team members learn more about each other as they prepare for the future challenges on the course.
- Low COPE – A series of physical obstacles are placed throughout our COPE course. Your team’s mission, should they choose to accept it, is to work as a team to overcome these challenges. None of the obstacles can be completed by one person alone, so each team member must evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of the others in order to succeed.
- Trust activities, blind maze, cable traverse, criss-cross, mohawk walk, nitor crossing, spider web, water wheel, climbing wall, and initiative games.
- High COPE – After accomplishing the Low COPE course, it’s time to utilize the new trust and team dynamic on the high ropes course. This consists of several elements that require participants to negotiate cables, swings and nets high above the ground. An elaborate, redundant safety system protects participants at all times.
- Zip line, balance beam, burma bridge, cargo net, confidence pole, giant's ladder, rappel line, rope climb, sky walk, and slack line traverse.
Team members are challenged to become more aware of themselves and others, and to discover their strengths and limitations. For groups that already know each other well, COPE builds on this knowledge to improve communication and leadership skills. For newer groups – even complete strangers – COPE is a great mechanism for rapidly developing a strong sense of team membership. Beyond all these lofty objectives, COPE is fun!
The ropes course is open May 1 - September 25, 2021.
Monday to Saturday 8 am – 8 pm
Reservations need at least two week notification
Masks required for Low course
- $10 per 2 hour course
- $20 for 4 hour course
- $8 for climbing wall only
- Note: Participants must be at least 11 years of age to do "High COPE"
- Note: Climbing wall participants must weigh atleast 45 lbs.
- Minimum group size of 8 participants required
Call 801-479-5460 to make your reservation today!