2021 Popcorn Fundraiser
Money should never be a reason why a youth misses out on ALL the fun Scouting has to offer. Selling popcorn allows all youth to participate in camping and activities.
Raise ALL the money your unit needs to fund the entire program for the year.
Achieve your unit's goals and receive stronger parental involvement by implementing the “Ideal Year of Scouting.”
- 70% return. Trail’s End returns over 70% of the money to Scouting to support your unit, Scout families, and the local council.
- Easy to sell! 2 out 3 people buy when asked. 92% say they would buy popcorn again.
- Life Lessons. Teach Scouts the life lessons of earning their own way.
Accept credit cards with the Trail's End App to make your popcorn sale grow!
Fall Popcorn Sale
Start planning your Fall Popcorn Sale today - recruit a Popcorn Chair in your unit and check out the resources listed at the bottom of this page. The Sales Guide will give you all the information you need to have a successful sale!
Popcorn Sale Dates
- Wednesday, August 4 - Council Kickoff at 6:30 pm via Zoom (details coming soon)
- Thursday, August 5 - Online sales begin
- Friday, August 20 - Unit popcorn order (show & sell) is due
- Friday, September 10 - Popcorn distribution
- Saturday, September 11 - Opening weekend of sales
- Friday, October 22 - Take Order due
- Monday, Oct 25 - Unsold popcorn due
- Any remaining popcorn your unit will not sell is due to Council. Popcorn remaining with a unit after this date is now owned by the unit and cannot be returned to Council. Only un-opened product will be accepted
- Friday, November 12 - Take Order popcorn distribution
- Friday, November 19 - Payment due to the Council
Store Front Sales Guidelines
All Store Guidelines
- Unit leaders should contact local stores and visit with the store manager to inquire about selling popcorn in front of their store. Please be respectful to store managers decision to allow your unit to sell popcorn and be sure to follow all manager requests.
- Store managers typically do not track when units are selling at their store. To avoid conflict with other units please inform Council of any storefront sale by clicking here (MANDATORY).
- To view store availability please click here.
- Using the "Smith's 2021 Popcorn Sales Letter of Approval" units must coordinate with a Smith's Store Manager for a approval to sell popcorn at a specific date and time.
- To provide an equal opportunity for units to schedule store front sales a Smith's locations prior to September 11th units may only reserve two storefront sales at Smith's locations.
- Units may reserve Smith's storefront sales on the following dates: September 11, 18, 25 October 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 November 6, 13.
- After September 11th units may schedule more Smith's locations without limitations.
- Base Rate: 30%
- +3% - Unit uses the Trail's End App for all transactions
- +2% - Unit sales over 80% of show and sell product ordered
- +2% - Sales growth over 2020 or units that sell over $10,000
- +2% - Cash option (take extra commission instead of prizes)
- +1% - Unit orders on time and settles account by deadline
- 40% unit commission potential!
Popcorn Online Training
Show & Sell Items
|2021 Popcorn Sales Guide||Specific popcorn details from Council for 2021||Download|
|Smith's 2021 Popcorn Sales Letter of Approval||This letter is needed for all Smith's store front reservations||Download|
|Take Order & Prize Catalog||Download|
|Trail's End Kernel Guidebook||In depth information for all things popcorn||Download|
|Unit Product Sale Goal Calculator||Calculate the amount of popcorn to sell based on your Scouting calendar||Download|