Leave No Trace
The Leave No Trace courses are designed to give participants a thorough understanding of the concepts and practices involved to minimize impacts in the outdoors, as well as BSA policies concerning outdoor activities. The courses are also designed to give participants the tools they need to teach others how to effectively practice and understand Leave No Trace.
Who should become a Leave No Trace Trainer?
This course is for youth and adults age 14 and up who are registered with the BSA.
- Trainer courses - $40
- Master Trainer course - $295
Master Educator Course Details...
- Attendees must be at least 18 years of age by the time of the course. Course maximum attendance is 36 participants.
- Choose from 3 options: Each option has a minimum of 6, max. of 12 participants.
- Non-Trek Primitive: Starts in Bartlett, moves to outpost camp for 3 nights, some short day hikes, end in Bartlett
- Trek: Starts in Bartlett and then backpacks for 3 nights, end in Bartlett
- Paddling: Starts at Bartlett, moves to Bear Lake Aquatics for 3 nights, end in Bartlett
- Last day to register or cancel with refund is July 15 as we need to make final food and course material purchases.
- NOTE: There is still availability for the Trek and non-Trek courses despite them listed as 'Full" . Please contact the council office for assistance to be added to the course. 801-479-5460.
Leave No Trace Master Educator - August 2-7, 2021 (Camp Bartlett & Bear Lake Aquatics Base) Register Now
Leave No Trace Trainer - October 15-16, 2021 (Camp Maple Dell) Register Now
Leave No Trace Trainer - May 13-14, 2022 (Camp Tracy) Register Soon
Leave No Trace Trainer - October 14-15, 2022 (Camp Maple Dell) Register Now