Leave No Trace
The Leave No Trace courses are designed to give participants a thorough understanding of the concepts and practices involved to minimize impacts in the outdoors, as well as BSA policies concerning outdoor activities. The courses are also designed to give participants the tools they need to teach others how to effectively practice and understand Leave No Trace.
Who should become a Leave No Trace Trainer?
This course is for youth and adults age 14 and up who are registered with the BSA.
Where will training take place?
This course will be presented in an alternative digital format due to the ongoing COVID-19 Pandemic and has been specially approved by the Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics.
- Tuesday & Friday, 6-9 PM MDT via Zoom.
- Saturday 9am-4pm MDT via Zoom.
- The other days, (M,W,Th) the course work will be fully online and can be accessed at any time and done at an individual pace.
Master Educator Course Details...
- Attendees must be at least 18 years of age by the time of the course. Course maximum attendance is 36 participants.
- Choose from 3 options: Each option has a minimum of 6, max. of 12 participants.
- Non-Trek Primitive: Starts in Bartlett, moves to outpost camp for 3 nights, some short day hikes, end in Bartlett
- Trek: Starts in Bartlett and then backpacks for 3 nights, end in Bartlett
- Paddling: Starts at Bartlett, moves to Bear Lake Aquatics for 3 nights, end in Bartlett
- Last day to register or cancel with refund is July 15 as we need to make final food and course material purchases.
Leave No Trace Trainer - November 16 - 21, 2020 (Online) Register Now
Leave No Trace Trainer - May 14 - 15, 2021 (Camp Tracy) Register Now
Leave No Trace Master Educator - August 2 - 7, 2021 (Camp Bartlett & Bear Lake Aquatics Base) Register Now
Leave No Trace Trainer - October 15 - 16, 2021 (Camp Maple Dell) Register Now
|2021 Event Flyer||Download|